Love the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites? Make your very personal recipe at house! Our Tacky Sous Vide Egg Bites are made with eggs, milk, and cheese and are prepared in underneath 60 minutes.
Whether or not you’re simply beginning out with sous vide cooking otherwise you’re a sous vide professional, sous vide egg bites have to be a staple in your recipe routine!
Sous vide egg bites aren’t your common egg bites. They arrive out like little soufflés and are completely cooked ALL OVER each time all due to the precision of the sous vide. Our sous vide egg bites recipe rivals Starbucks and are made with 3 elements – eggs, milk, and cheese.
Put together your egg bites in a 4-oz.mason jar with cheese on the underside and egg on prime. Combine and seal shut. Submerge the jars in water and set the sous vide bathtub to 172ºF and cook dinner for 1 hour.
“Scrumptious! I added a little bit of bacon, onions and candy peppers together with the cheese. My husband loved as nicely. Took benefit of the one hour cooking time. Wanting ahead to utilizing this machine in different meals.” -Carolyn
What do you want for sous vide egg bites?
- Eggs: this recipe requires 4 eggs.
- Milk: milk helps make these egg bites tremendous fluffy.
- Shredded cheese: we used Colby jack.
- Sous vide machine: I’m certain you have already got your sous vide helpful, however that is what you’ll use to warmth your water bathtub.
- Massive inventory pot: you’ll want to ensure your inventory pot is tall sufficient to totally submerge the jars with water. In case your pot is just too small, strive stacking your jars.
- 6-9 4 oz. Mason Jars: ensure you have the lids too!
PS: should you don’t have a sous vide machine, take a look at our Instantaneous Pot Egg Bites, for an excellent related recipe.
Sous Vide Equipment
Should you’re simply beginning out with sous vide cooking, listed below are a few of our favourite sous video equipment that can make your cooking a breeze!
Substitutions and Variations
Whereas we stored our recipe tremendous easy you can also make these your individual by utilizing egg whites solely and a special cheese. We’ve made these with yellow cheddar, gouda, and mozzarella. Since cottage cheese is large proper now, we wager you’ll be able to whisk in a number of tablespoons of that too!
Should you’d like so as to add different elements strive:
- cooked peppers and onions
- cooked breakfast sausage/bacon
- sauteed garlic
- recent herbs
How lengthy does it take to sous vide eggs?
Set your timer to 1 hour and let your egg cups cook dinner.
Can I take advantage of simply egg whites as a substitute of a full egg?
Sure, you need to use simply egg whites! Nevertheless, chances are you’ll need to enhance the variety of egg whites you utilize so that every jar fills up about 3/4 of the way in which full.
Are you able to sous vide eggs for longer than an hour?
Sure, they will! We don’t advocate cooking your eggs for any longer than 2 hours.
Are sous vide eggs wholesome?
Sous vide eggs are a fantastic wholesome breakfast choice for these trying so as to add protein to their food plan. This recipe for egg bites can also be low carb, gluten-free, and each keto and paleo-friendly!
Retailer egg bites in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-5 days. You’ll be able to both switch your eggs right into a meal-prep container or retailer them proper of their jars.
How lengthy do sous vide egg bites final? Your eggs will final round 3-5 days within the fridge.
Are you able to freeze sous vide egg bites?
To make issues tremendous easy, you’ll be able to freeze these proper within the mason jar they have been cooked in. Let your egg bites cool utterly. Then, safe the lid and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Whenever you’re able to eat, we advocate serving your excellent sous vide eggs with some scorching sauce or salsa. These little egg bites are additionally excellent for an on-the-go meal-prep breakfast paired with some berries and a breakfast salad. Nevertheless you select to eat them, you’ll not be disillusioned!
Listed here are another recipe pairings to strive together with your eggs.
Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
These scrumptious and tacky sous vide egg bites are little bites of heaven. This sous vide eggs recipe is made with 3 principal elements and is gluten-free, low carb, and excessive protein!
Prepare dinner:1 hour
Complete:1 hour 15 minutes
- 10 massive eggs
- 1/3 cup milk we used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Colby jack shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to style
- First, fill a big stockpot midway up with water. You’ll need to have the ability to submerge your entire mason jars with water, so preserve that in thoughts.
- Subsequent, screw your sous vide to the facet of your pot and switch to 172ºF. Whereas your water bathtub is heating up, put together egg bites.
- Completely spray 9 4-oz. mason jars with nonstick cooking spray. Then, spoon a couple of tablespoon of shredded cheese onto the underside of every mason jar.
- Crack 10 eggs inside a medium bowl or Pyrex. Add the milk and whisk till scrambled.
- Fill every mason jar up about 3/4 of the way in which full with the egg combination. You must get about 9 egg cups. Give every egg cup somewhat stir after which season the tops with salt and pepper, to style.
- Now it is time to screw on the lids of your mason jars. You need to just remember to do not absolutely tighten your mason jars in order that they don’t explode within the water bathtub. Screw on tops after which unscrew one flip.
- Submerge mason jars within the water bathtub. You must see numerous bubbles come to the highest. That is good!
- Set the timer for 1 hour and let cook dinner.
- As soon as the timer goes off, use tongs to take away the mason jars (they are going to be scorching) after which unscrew them. Your egg cups ought to really feel like a souffle. In the event that they’re nonetheless runny, you could cook dinner them longer. Should you’re able to eat, seize a fork!
Ideas & Notes
- Inventory pot dimension? This recipe makes 9 4-oz. egg cups. The quantity of egg cups you make is dependent upon the dimensions of your inventory pot. So, earlier than you begin cracking eggs, see what number of mason jars you’ll be able to match on the underside of your pot. You may as well strive stacking the jars in your pot.
- Don’t overflow jars: Be sure you purchase nothing greater than a big egg in order that the whole lot suits completely in your small mason jar! You don’t need your sous vide eggs overflowing.
- Oil jars: Guarantee that every Mason Jar is well-oiled. I repeat, DO NOT neglect to spray/oil your jars earlier than including within the egg. You do that in order that the egg bites don’t follow the perimeters. Use one thing like coconut oil cooking spray or olive oil to grease the within of your Jars.
Energy: 104kcal Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 8g Fats: 7g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g