Whether or not you’re a seafood lover or a fan of Mexican delicacies, Shrimp Quesadillas are a must-try dish that mixes the perfect of each worlds. In the event you love quesadillas however are not sure match them into your wholesome health targets, you’ll love this simple recipe. With lean shrimp because the star ingredient and a beneficiant quantity of protein, these simple quesadillas are filling and scrumptious. The high fibre tortillas and the freshness of the Tomato Avocado Salsa make it a well-rounded and nutritious selection. In the event you want rooster, attempt these quesadilla recipes; Hen Quesadillas with mango salsa and BBQ Hen Quesadillas.
Quesadilla with Shrimp Substances
- Crimson Onion and Garlic finely chopped and sauteed with the shrimp
- Jalapeño: Mince one jalapeño. Depart a number of the seeds in it for a spicy quesadilla.
- Tomato: Cube one vine-ripened tomato.
- Shrimp: You should purchase shrimp peeled and deveined to save lots of time. In the event you get frozen shrimp, thaw them within the fridge the evening earlier than making this quesadilla recipe.
- Salt to season the veggies
- Cilantro: Chop recent cilantro.
- Tortillas: Select high-fiber tortillas with 110 energy or fewer, like Ole Xtreme. You should use totally different tortillas, however the dietary data will change.
- Cheese: You’ll want shredded pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Tomato Avocado Salsa: Tomato, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, pink onion, salt
- Protein: Swap shrimp with diced rooster or floor turkey.
- Cheese: Use shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese mix.
- Tomatoes: Sub grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Tortillas: Substitute flour or corn tortillas.
Methods to Make Shrimp Quesadillas
- Tomato Avocado Salsa: Mix the salsa components in a bowl. When prepared to make use of, drain in a colander so the quesadilla doesn’t get soggy.
- Greens: Warmth a big nonstick skillet over medium warmth, and sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in oil till mushy for about two minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook dinner till thickened for a couple of minutes.
- Shrimp: Add the chopped shrimp and cilantro to the skillet and enhance the warmth to medium-high. Prepare dinner for one to 2 minutes till the shrimp turns pink and is cooked within the middle. Switch the combination to a bowl and put aside.
- Prep the Skillet: Clear the skillet, spray with oil, and return the warmth to medium-high.
- Prepare dinner the Quesadillas: Lay a tortilla flat within the pan, unfold shrimp combination onto one half, and high with cheese. Prepare dinner the tortilla for 2 minutes to soften the cheese then add the drained salsa. Fold the naked tortilla half over the filling with a spatula and press flippantly to seal. Flip it over and cook dinner till golden and crispy. Slice it into wedges and serve. Repeat the method with the remaining components.
What to Serve with Shrimp Quesadillas
You may eat these wholesome shrimp quesadillas plain or garnish them with numerous toppings. Salsa, guacamole, bitter cream, or chopped recent cilantro are glorious choices to reinforce the flavors. For some facet dishes, do this Grilled Corn Salad, Skillet Mexican Zucchini, Black Beans or Tortilla Soup.
Methods to Retailer Quesadillas
Retailer these shrimp quesadillas within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. Reheat them in a skillet for greatest outcomes, or microwave them in case you’re brief on time.
Extra Mexican-Impressed Shrimp Recipes You Will Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 quesadilla
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa:
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth, saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil till mushy, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook dinner till thickened 2 to three minutes.
- Add the shrimp, and cilantro and cook dinner medium- excessive warmth 1 to 2 minutes, till the shrimp turns pink and is cooked by means of. Put aside in a bowl.
- Clear the skillet. Respray and return to medium-high warmth.
- Lay tortilla flat, and unfold 1 / 4 of the shrimp onto one half. Prime with 1/4 cup cheese. Prepare dinner the half-loaded tortilla for two minutes. Prime with 1/4 of the drained salsa.
- Fold the naked tortilla half over the filling with a spatula, and press flippantly to seal.
- Rigorously flip and cook dinner till golden and crispy, about 3 minutes on all sides.
- Slice into wedges and serve. Repeat with the remaining.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 quesadilla, Energy: 299 kcal, Carbohydrates: 27.5 g, Protein: 24 g, Fats: 16 g, Saturated Fats: 6 g, Ldl cholesterol: 132 mg, Sodium: 998 mg, Fiber: 14 g, Sugar: 4 g