Ratatouille with Farro is loaded with summer season greens, like tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant. Take pleasure in it as a vegetarian primary or as a facet dish with a protein.
Ratatouille with Farro
There’s no want to show the oven on – this simple summer season Ratatouille recipe is made all on the range. The stewed greens are served over farro and completed with plenty of recent basil. For extra scrumptious takes on the basic French dish, attempt my Baked Ratatouille with Cheese, and Ratatouille Baked Hen.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple: This ratatouille recipe is fairly easy when you chop your veggies. Simply sauté all the things in a skillet till mushy and boil water for the farro.
- Wholesome: With 5 totally different greens, you get a hearty dose of nutritional vitamins, minerals, and loads of fiber. Farro can be a really nutritious grain filled with protein and fiber.
- Colourful and Recent: Eat the rainbow with this hearty stew, full of in- season veggies.
Is ratatouille a summer season or winter dish?
Though ratatouille is served heat, it’s a summer season dish because it has a lot summer season produce, like tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplant, and zucchini. You need to use greens at their peak for greatest outcomes.
- Farro: You’ll want raw pearled farro, which implies the bran is eliminated, and it cooks sooner than entire and semi-pearled farro.
- Salt and Pepper to season the veggies
- Garlic: Mince three cloves.
- Greens: Yellow onion, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, vine-ripened tomatoes
- Tomato Paste for additional tomato taste
- Herbs: Chop recent basil and thyme.
The way to Make Ratatouille with Farro
- Prepare dinner farro in salted water in response to the bundle instructions till al dente. Drain and let cool.
- Prepare dinner the Onion, Garlic, and Eggplant: Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth and pour in olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic with salt for about three minutes. Add the eggplant and extra salt and cook dinner till the eggplant begins to melt.
- Add the tomato paste and thyme and cook dinner for a minute.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, a pinch of salt, and black pepper and cook dinner, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Serving: Stir within the farro, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and basil, and serve.
- Farro Swaps: Substitute farro with one other grain, like quinoa or orzo, or go away it out altogether.
- Zucchini: Sub yellow squash for zucchini.
- Bell Peppers: Swap out the yellow bell pepper with crimson or orange.
- Onion: Swap yellow onion for crimson onion or shallots.
What to Serve with Ratatouille
This simple ratatouille recipe is an entire meal as farro is a wonderful supply of protein and fiber, and it makes use of so many colourful veggies. In the event you’d wish to pair it with extra protein, this Grilled Hen, Air Fryer Hen Thighs, or BBQ Hen would all be good hen choices. You may additionally serve it with crusty bread to absorb all of the tomato sauce.
The way to Retailer Ratatouille
Ratatouille will last as long as 5 days within the fridge or three months within the freezer. Microwave it or reheat it on the range till heat.
Extra Summer season Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 1/4 cups
Prepare dinner farro in generously salted water in response to bundle instructions till al dente, about 30 to 35 minutes. Drain and let cool.
In the meantime, set a big skillet oven over medium warmth. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, onion, garlic, and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Prepare dinner, stirring often, till the greens start to melt, about 3 minutes.
Add the eggplant and one other 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook dinner, stirring often, till the eggplant begins to melt, about 4 to five minutes.
Add the tomato paste and thyme and cook dinner, stirring always, for 1 minute.
Add the zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, one other pinch of salt, and a twist of black pepper and cook dinner, stirring often, till the entire greens are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir within the farro, remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil and serve.
Please go away a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 1/4 cups, Energy: 243 kcal, Carbohydrates: 42 g, Protein: 8.5 g, Fats: 6.5 g, Saturated Fats: 1 g, Sodium: 45.5 mg, Fiber: 8 g, Sugar: 9 g