This peach crisp recipe is a favourite summer time recipe right here on Match Foodie Finds. When peaches are in season, all of our followers like to throw collectively a easy peach crisp with a crunchy topping.
When August rolls round our entire group heads to the grocery retailer for juicy peaches (particularly Colorado peaches, drool.) It’s one time of yr within the Midwest when any peaches you purchase are good. You will see us whipping up peach in a single day oats or peach muffins.
This peach crisp is a one-bowl, one-pan recipe that’s tremendous straightforward to make. The crunchy oat topping is to die for. We love topping our peach crisp with selfmade whipped cream or ice cream!
What You Want for Peach Crisp
- 8×8-inch baking pan:
- Peaches: contemporary peaches are all the time most well-liked. Frozen peaches will even work. Make sure to let your peaches thaw and drain them in the event you’re utilizing frozen peaches.
- Ginger: ginger is a novel ingredient on this recipe. Including contemporary, grated ginger to the peach filling brightens up the peaches.
Prime Tip: when you’ve got a giant contemporary ginger root, retailer it within the freezer. It retains the ginger contemporary and makes it tremendous straightforward to grate when it’s frozen.
Why make peach crisp?
Seasonal: in the event you’re all about utilizing seasonal produce, then this peach crisp is ideal for these heat summer time nights!
More healthy: we love crisp recipes as a result of they’re fruit-based, making them a more healthy dessert possibility. This crisp solely has 1/4 cup of added sugar.
Simply Gluten-Free: to make this peach crisp gluten free, merely ensure you are utilizing gluten-free rolled oats and swap the white entire wheat flour for gluten-free flour.
Don’t have all the pieces you want for this recipe or do you wish to make a substitution? Listed below are some choices.
white entire wheat flour –> all-purpose flour or almond flour
rolled oats –> fast cooking oats
gentle brown sugar –> white sugar or maple syrup
butter –> coconut oil
Can I take advantage of canned peaches for this recipe?
We don’t suggest utilizing canned peaches for this crisp as they’ve a a lot softer texture and comprise extra liquid than contemporary or frozen peaches.
Can I substitute one other fruit for the peaches?
Sure, you possibly can substitute different fruits like apples, cherries, or berries for the peaches.
What can I take advantage of as a substitute of sugar for this recipe?
You should utilize alternate options like honey, agave nectar, or synthetic sweeteners, however this will likely change the flavour and texture of the dessert.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Sure, to make this recipe gluten-free, guarantee to make use of gluten-free oats and change the common flour with a gluten-free various.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Really helpful Kitchen Instruments
Storing Peach Crisp
We suggest refrigerating this peach crisp, coated, for as much as 5 days. Be at liberty to reheat when serving and high with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Freezing Peach Crisp
Sure, you possibly can freeze this crisp! We suggest freezing the peach crisp earlier than baking. Make the peach crisp recipe as written in a freezer and oven protected container. Cowl the container with saran wrap and freeze till prepared to arrange the crisp.
Why freeze it? Make this dessert recipe for household and buddies (or your self!) to have a dessert recipe readily available for last-minute gatherings.
We choose reheating the crisp within the oven, however you can too reheat it within the microwave. The microwave technique is faster, however the texture of the crisp could turn out to be considerably soggy.
Within the oven: Preheat your oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit (175 levels Celsius). Place the peach crisp in an oven-safe dish if it isn’t in a single already. Cowl the dish with aluminum foil to stop the highest from burning.
Warmth the peach crisp for about 15-20 minutes or till it’s heated by means of.If you wish to crisp up the topping once more, take away the foil for the final 5 minutes of reheating. Take away from the oven (watch out, will probably be sizzling) and let it sit for a couple of minutes earlier than serving.
Within the microwave: Place a portion of the peach crisp in a microwave-safe dish. Warmth on medium energy for about 1 minute. Verify the temperature, and if mandatory, proceed heating in 30-second intervals till it’s heated by means of. Let it sit for a minute earlier than serving, as will probably be sizzling.
Bear in mind, all microwaves and ovens are completely different, so these occasions are only a guideline. At all times examine your dessert to make sure it’s heated to your desire and use care when dealing with sizzling dishes.
Peach Crisp Recipe
Nothing screams summer time like an ideal peach crisp! Whip up this straightforward dessert that comes full with a golden crumble topping. Get pleasure from!
Cook dinner:45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, toss collectively the sliced peaches, white entire wheat flour, ginger, and cinnamon. Make certain the peaches are coated in all of the flour and spices.
- Pour the peaches into the greased pan and unfold them out evenly. Put aside.
- Put together the topping of the crisp by including the rolled oats, white entire wheat flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and blend the elements collectively.
- Then, add in a stick of softened butter and use a fork (or your fingers) to chop the butter into the dry elements till it types little crumbles.
- Evenly unfold the crumble topping over the peaches within the baking dish.
- Bake at 400ºF for 40-50 minutes or till the peach filling begins to bubble, the peaches are on the desired consistency, and the crumble topping begins to brown.
- Take away from the oven and let set for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
Ideas & Notes
- If utilizing frozen peaches, we suggest letting them thaw earlier than baking,
Energy: 286kcal Carbohydrates: 46g Protein: 3g Fats: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 30g
Images: pictures taken on this put up are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.